When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Rolling Hills.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Rolling Hills. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Rolling Hills.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Columbus Metro Airport (CSG/KCSG)
- Dothan Rgnl. (DHN/KDHN)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 77 miles [123.9 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Rolling Hills.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Wetumpka Muni. (FAA ID: 08A)
- Wetumpka Municipal Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Rolling Hills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wetumpka Municipal Airport
- Franklin Fld. (FAA ID: 07A)
- Franklin Field lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Rolling Hills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Franklin Field
- Tallassee Muni.
- Tallassee Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Rolling Hills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tallassee Municipal Airport
- Autauga Co. Airport
- Autauga County Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Rolling Hills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Autauga County Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Prattville - Grouby Fld. (FAA ID: 1A9)
- Prattville - Grouby Field lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Rolling Hills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prattville - Grouby Field
- Troy Muni. (ICAO: KTOI)
- Fort Deposit Airport (FAA ID: 67A)
- Fort Deposit-Lowndes County Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Rolling Hills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Deposit-Lowndes County Airport
- Moton Fld. Muni. (FAA ID: 06A)
- Moton Field Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Rolling Hills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moton Field Municipal Airport
- Greenville Muni.
- Greenville Municipal Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Rolling Hills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville Municipal Airport
- MacCrenshaw Meml. (ICAO: KPRN)
- Brundidge Muni. (FAA ID: 60A)
- Brundidge Municipal Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Rolling Hills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brundidge Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alabama
About Montgomery County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rolling Hills. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Montgomery County: www.mc-ala.org/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Rolling Hills), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rolling Hills) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rolling Hills. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.2471, Longitude: -86.1827 In this case, the coordinates for Rolling Hills have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).