When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Rolling Acres.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Rolling Acres. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Rolling Acres.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Dothan Rgnl. (DHN/KDHN)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 86 miles [138.4 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Rolling Acres.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Columbus Metro Airport (CSG/KCSG)
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Autauga Co. Airport
- Autauga County Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Rolling Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Autauga County Airport
- Prattville - Grouby Fld. (FAA ID: 1A9)
- Prattville - Grouby Field lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Rolling Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prattville - Grouby Field
- Fort Deposit Airport (FAA ID: 67A)
- Fort Deposit-Lowndes County Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Rolling Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Deposit-Lowndes County Airport
- Wetumpka Muni. (FAA ID: 08A)
- Wetumpka Municipal Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Rolling Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wetumpka Municipal Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Greenville Muni.
- Greenville Municipal Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Rolling Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville Municipal Airport
- MacCrenshaw Meml. (ICAO: KPRN)
- Troy Muni. (ICAO: KTOI)
- Craig Fld. (ICAO: KSEM)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alabama Community
About Montgomery County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rolling Acres. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Montgomery County: www.mc-ala.org/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Rolling Acres), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rolling Acres) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rolling Acres. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.2279, Longitude: -86.4055 In this case, the coordinates for Rolling Acres have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).