When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Rock Run Station.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Rock Run Station. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Rock Run Station.
Large Airports ...
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 59 miles [95 km]<2> miles to the south of Rock Run Station.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Lovell Fld. (CHA/KCHA)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Columbus Metro Airport (CSG/KCSG)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Cherokee Co. Rgnl. (FAA ID: PYP)
- Centre Piedmont - Cherokee County Regional Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Rock Run Station.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centre Piedmont - Cherokee County Regional Airport
- Centre Muni. (FAA ID: C22)
- Centre Municipal Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Rock Run Station.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centre Municipal Airport
- Polk Co. Airport (FAA ID: 4A4)
- Polk County Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the east of Rock Run Station.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Polk County Airport
- Jacksonville Muni.
- Jacksonville Municipal Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Rock Run Station.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jacksonville Municipal Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- West Georgia Rgnl. (FAA ID: CTJ)
- West Georgia Regional Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Rock Run Station.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Georgia Regional Airport
- Paulding County Rgnl. (FAA ID: PUJ)
- Paulding County Regional Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the east of Rock Run Station.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paulding County Regional Airport
- Richard B. Russell Airport (ICAO: KRMG)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alabama
About Cherokee County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rock Run Station. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Rock Run Station), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Rock Run Station) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rock Run Station. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.9884, Longitude: -85.4794 In this case, the coordinates for Rock Run Station have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).