When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Ridgewood Estates.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Ridgewood Estates. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Ridgewood Estates.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS/KTYS)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 73 miles [117.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Ridgewood Estates.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Columbus Metro Airport (CSG/KCSG)
General Aviation Airports ...
- St. Clair Co. Airport (FAA ID: PLR)
- Saint Clair County Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the east of Ridgewood Estates.
- Official website: www.plrairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Clair County Airport
- Talladega Muni. (FAA ID: ASN)
- Talladega Municipal Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the east of Ridgewood Estates.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Talladega Municipal Airport
- Robbins Fld. (FAA ID: 20A)
- Robbins Field lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Ridgewood Estates.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robbins Field
- Bessemer Airport (FAA ID: EKY)
- Bessemer Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Ridgewood Estates.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bessemer Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Sylacauga Muni. (ICAO: KSCD)
- Shelby Co. Airport (ICAO: KEET)
- Gadsden Muni.
- Gadsden Municipal Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Ridgewood Estates.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gadsden Municipal Airport
- Northeast Alabama Rgnl. (ICAO: KGAD)
- Anniston Metro Airport (ANB/KANB)
- Coosa Co. Airport
- Coosa County Airport lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Ridgewood Estates.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coosa County Airport
- Jacksonville Muni.
- Jacksonville Municipal Airport lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Ridgewood Estates.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jacksonville Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alabama
About Saint Clair County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ridgewood Estates. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Saint Clair County: www.stclairco.com/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Ridgewood Estates), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ridgewood Estates) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ridgewood Estates. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.5945, Longitude: -86.5180 In this case, the coordinates for Ridgewood Estates have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).