Welcome to Dale ...
So far, we have found very little information about Dale. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Dale to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Dale, please Contact Us.
Dale would have been located within present day Blount County<2>.
The location of Dale has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Dale is 890 feet [271 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Dale was located is in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Dale once stood is in the (205) area code.
Communities Also Named Dale ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 36 communities that are also named Dale - they are located in Arkansas, California, Idaho (2), Illinois, Indiana (2), Iowa, Kansas (2), Kentucky (2), Michigan, Minnesota (2), Mississippi (2), Missouri (3), Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Oregon, Pennsylvania (3), South Carolina, Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Dale.
Communities near Dale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dale.
- Birmingham [Jefferson County]
- Hoover [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoover
- Hoover [Jefferson County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the southwest of Dale
- Estimated population in 2019: 85,768 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoover
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hoover<6>
- Vestavia Hills [Jefferson County]
- Homewood [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Homewood
- Homewood [Jefferson County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the southwest of Dale
- Estimated population in 2019: 25,377 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Homewood have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Homewood
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Homewood<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Mountain Brook [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountain Brook
- Mountain Brook [Jefferson County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the southwest of Dale
- Estimated population in 2019: 20,297 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mountain Brook have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain Brook
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mountain Brook<6>
- Center Point [Jefferson County]
- Gardendale [Jefferson County]
- Moody [Saint Clair County]
- Irondale [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Irondale
- Irondale [Jefferson County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the south of Dale
- Estimated population in 2019: 12,893 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Irondale have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Irondale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Irondale<6>
- Chelsea [Shelby County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Dale. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Dale.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Dale. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Dale.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Dale. See our Newspapers Page for Dale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alabama
About Blount County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Blount County: www.co.blount.al.us/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Dale, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Alabama's counties, including Blount, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Dale - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dale) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dale. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dale
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.6104, Longitude: -86.6492 In this case, the coordinates for Dale have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|