Around Freshwater Bay ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Juneau. It is located about 37 miles [59 km] to the northeast of Freshwater Bay. Juneau has a population of 32,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Hoonah.
It is located about 20 miles [ km] to the northwest of Freshwater Bay and has a population of 790 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Freshwater Bay.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chatham
- Chatham lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the south of Freshwater Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chatham have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chatham
- Cube Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cube Cove
- Cube Cove lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the east of Freshwater Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cube Cove have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cube Cove
- Game Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Game Creek
- Game Creek lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Freshwater Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Game Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Game Creek
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Tenakee Springs
- Whitestone Logging Camp
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitestone Logging Camp
- Whitestone Logging Camp lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Freshwater Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whitestone Logging Camp have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitestone Logging Camp
Curious and Interesting Names Near Freshwater Bay ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Freshwater Bay.
Airports Near Freshwater Bay ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Freshwater Bay and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Freshwater Bay.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Freshwater Bay. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Freshwater Bay.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Freshwater Bay) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Freshwater Bay. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Freshwater Bay
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Freshwater Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 57.8917, Longitude: -135.0794 In this case, the coordinates for Freshwater Bay have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Freshwater Bay), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|