Around Annette ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Ketchikan. It is located about 20 miles [32 km] to the north of Annette. Ketchikan has a population of 8,300 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Saxman.
It is located about 18 miles [ km] to the north of Annette and has a population of 380 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Annette.<2>
- Clover Pass
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clover Pass
- Clover Pass lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the north of Annette
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clover Pass
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dairy
- Dairy lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the north of Annette
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dairy
- Dora Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dora Bay have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dora Bay
- Dora Bay lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> to the west of Annette
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dora Bay
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saxman have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saxman
- Saxman lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the north of Annette
- Estimated population for 2018: 384 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saxman
- Ward Cove
Curious and Interesting Names Near Annette ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Annette.
Airports Near Annette ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<4> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Annette and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Annette.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Annette. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Annette.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Annette) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Annette. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Annette
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Annette. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.0617, Longitude: -131.5417 In this case, the coordinates for Annette have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Annette), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|