Communities Also Named Woodhouse ...
We found three communities that share the name Woodhouse.
Within Alberta, the name Woodhouse is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in Canada and the United States. Of these three communities, one is located in Canada and the other two communities are located in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Ontario community of Woodhouse.
- Lycoming County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Pennsylvania community of Woodhouse [Lycoming County].
- Susquehanna County
- This Woodhouse is located in Susquehanna County and lies 1,874 miles [3,015.9 km]<2> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodhouse
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Susquehanna County community of Woodhouse.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Woodhouse ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Champion
- Champion lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Woodhouse.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Champion came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Champion
- Diamond City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Diamond City
- Diamond City lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the east of Woodhouse.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Diamond City came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Diamond City
- Iron Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Iron Springs
- Iron Springs lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the east of Woodhouse.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Iron Springs came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Iron Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monarch
- Monarch lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Woodhouse.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Monarch came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monarch
- Picture Butte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Picture Butte
- Picture Butte lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the east of Woodhouse.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Picture Butte
- Pincher Creek
- Pincher Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pincher Station
- Pincher Station lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Woodhouse.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pincher Station
How Far From Woodhouse to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Woodhouse to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Woodhouse and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 248 miles [399.1 km]<2> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Woodhouse to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 14 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,766 miles [2,842.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 69 days and walking would take 101 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,470 miles [10,412.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,237 miles [11,646.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,297 miles [8,524.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Woodhouse could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Woodhouse) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Woodhouse. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WoodhouseOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Woodhouse. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.9500, Longitude: -113.5333 |
|<3>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Woodhouse to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.788 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.419 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.771 degrees.||