Communities Also Named Widewater ...
We found one communities that share the name Widewater.
Within Alberta, the name Widewater is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Widewater in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Stafford County
- This Widewater is located in Stafford County and lies 2,086 miles [3,357.1 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Widewater
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Stafford County community of Widewater.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Widewater ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Widewater, Driftpile is located 30 miles [48.3 km] to the West
How Far From Widewater to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Widewater to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Widewater and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 137 miles [220.5 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Widewater to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,830 miles [2,945.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 72 days and walking would take 104 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,160 miles [9,913.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,924 miles [11,143.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,041 miles [8,112.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Widewater. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Widewater) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Widewater. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WidewaterOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Widewater. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.3500, Longitude: -114.9833 |
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Widewater to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.022 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 336.254 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.834 degrees.||