Curious and Interesting Names Near Whitecourt ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Green Court
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Green Court
- Green Court lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the southeast of Whitecourt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Green Court came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Green Court
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haddock
- Haddock lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Whitecourt
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haddock
- Lone Pine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lone Pine
- Lone Pine lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Whitecourt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lone Pine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lone Pine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peers
- Peers lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the south of Whitecourt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Peers came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peers
- Silver Creek - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Creek
- Silver Creek was located 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Whitecourt
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Silver Creek. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wildwood
- Wildwood lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Whitecourt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wildwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wildwood
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wildwood<4>
How Far From Whitecourt to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Whitecourt to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Whitecourt and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 97 miles [156.1 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Whitecourt to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,852 miles [2,980.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 73 days and walking would take 106 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,248 miles [10,055.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,012 miles [11,284.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,124 miles [8,246.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Whitecourt: www.whitecourt.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Whitecourt) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Whitecourt. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WhitecourtOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Whitecourt. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.1333, Longitude: -115.6833 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Whitecourt to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.594 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 336.803 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.531 degrees.||