Communities Also Named Richdale ...
We have found one communities that share the name Richdale.
Within Alberta, the name Richdale is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Richdale in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Otter Tail County
- This Richdale is located in Otter Tail County and lies 806 miles [1,297.1 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richdale
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Otter Tail County community of Richdale.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Richdale ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cereal
- Cereal lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the east of Richdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cereal came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cereal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chinook
- Chinook lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the east of Richdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chinook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chinook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the north of Richdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Rose Lynn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rose Lynn
- Rose Lynn lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the south of Richdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rose Lynn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rose Lynn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Veteran lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Richdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veteran
How Far From Richdale to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Richdale to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Richdale and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 155 miles [249.4 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Richdale to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,678 miles [2,700.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 96 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,329 miles [10,185.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,097 miles [11,421.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,154 miles [8,294.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Richdale. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Richdale) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Richdale. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RichdaleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Richdale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.6108, Longitude: -111.6036 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Richdale to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.277 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.837 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.251 degrees.||