Communities Also Named Rainbow Lake ...
We have found one communities that share the name Rainbow Lake.
Within Alberta, the name Rainbow Lake is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Rainbow Lake in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- New York
- Franklin County
- This Rainbow Lake is located in Franklin County and lies 2,119 miles [3,410.2 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rainbow Lake
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Franklin County community of Rainbow Lake.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Rainbow Lake ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Assumption came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Assumption
- Assumption lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Rainbow Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Assumption
- Hay Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hay Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Lake
- Hay Lake lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Rainbow Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Lake
How Far From Rainbow Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Rainbow Lake to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Rainbow Lake and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 410 miles [659.8 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Rainbow Lake to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 24 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 16 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,019 miles [3,249.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 4 days, a buggy would take 79 days and walking would take 115 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,025 miles [9,696.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,783 miles [10,916.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,967 miles [7,993.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Rainbow Lake: www.town.rainbowlake.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Rainbow Lake) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Rainbow Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Rainbow Lake
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rainbow Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.4992, Longitude: -119.4023
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Rainbow Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 338.62 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 340.513 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 324.333 degrees.||