Our Genealogy Helper for Radway ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Radway (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Radway. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Radway:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Radway ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Radway.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Radway covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Cemetery
- Waskatenau United Church Cemetery
- Nativity Blessed Virgin Mary Cemetery
- St. Michaels Cemetery
- Redwater Cemetery
- St. Anne RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anne RC Cemetery
- The St. Anne RC Cemetery is located in Thorhild.To be precise, St. Anne RC Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Radway.
- St. Anne RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anne's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anne RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2364574<2>
- Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- The Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Egremont.Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km] to the west of Radway.
- Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Czesnoho Christa Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- St. Michael Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Sand Hills Church Cemetery
- Sandhills Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2547669<2>
- Redwater Cemetery
- St. Demetrius Ukrainian Orthodox Cemetery
- Abee Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Abee Cemetery
- The Abee Cemetery is located outside and to the southwest of Abee.Abee Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the north of Radway.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abee Cemetery
- Holy Cross Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- Moose Hill Community Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moose Hill Community Cemetery
- The Moose Hill Community Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the east of Thorhild.More precisely, Moose Hill Community Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km] to the northwest of Radway.
- Moose Hill Community Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moose Hill Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moose Hill Community Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2363779<2>
- Continue List (38 more) ...
- Chahor Russian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Newbrook Community Cemetery
- Holy Spirit Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Radway. See our List of 1890's Communities around Radway.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Radway
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Radway. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Radway) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Radway. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RadwayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Radway. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.0602, Longitude: -112.9450 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|