Our Genealogy Helper for Peterburn Estates ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Peterburn Estates (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Peterburn Estates. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Peterburn Estates:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Peterburn Estates ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Peterburn Estates.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Peterburn Estates covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Inga Community Cemetery
- Heatherdown United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Heatherdown United Church Cemetery
- Heatherdown United Church Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Peterburn Estates.
- Heatherdown United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Heatherdown Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heatherdown United Church Cemetery
- Peace Cemetery
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the east of Peterburn Estates.
- Westlawn Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Westlawn Cemetery
- Westlawn Memorial Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westlawn Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2169828<2>
- Calmar Community Cemetery
- Holy Trinity RC Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- St. Dominic RC Cemetery
- Duffield Cemetery
- St. Mary's Russian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Rosehill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosehill Cemetery
- Rosehill Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the east of Peterburn Estates.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosehill Cemetery
- St. John Anglican Cemetery
- St. Albert RC Cemetery
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- The Mt. Pleasant Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.Stated another way, Mt. Pleasant Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the east of Peterburn Estates.
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery has also been known as:
- Mt. Pleasant Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #639338<2>
- St. Anthony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony Cemetery
- The St. Anthony Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.More accurately, St. Anthony Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the east of Peterburn Estates.
- St. Anthony Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2272708<2>
- St. Joachim Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Joachim Cemetery
- St. Joachim Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the east of Peterburn Estates.
- St. Joachim Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Joachim Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Joachim Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2225480<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Peterburn Estates. See our List of 1890's Communities around Peterburn Estates.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Peterburn Estates. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Peterburn Estates) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Peterburn Estates. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Peterburn EstatesOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Peterburn Estates. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.4904, Longitude: -113.9649 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|