Our Genealogy Helper for Ohaton ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Ohaton (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Ohaton. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Ohaton:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Ohaton ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Ohaton.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Ohaton covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Parkland Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Bawlf Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Larson Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Larson Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Larson Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Larson Cemetery has also been known as:
- Larson Private Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Larson Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2464331<2>
- Skafse Cemetery
- Moland Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moland Lutheran Cemetery
- Moland Lutheran Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Ohaton.
- Moland Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moland Lutheran / Old Hoyme Cemetery
- Old Hoyme Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moland Lutheran Cemetery
- Valleyview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Valleyview Cemetery
- Valleyview Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the west of Ohaton.
- Valleyview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Camrose Cemetery
- Valley View Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valleyview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2190604<2>
- Continue List ...
- Dried Meat Lake Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dried Meat Lake Cemetery
- Dried Meat Lake Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Ohaton.
- Dried Meat Lake Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dried Meat Lake United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dried Meat Lake Cemetery
- Bawlf Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bawlf Cemetery
- Bawlf Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Ohaton.
- Bawlf Cemetery has also been known as:
- Bawlf / Park Cemetery
- Park Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bawlf Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2509712<2>
- Melville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Melville Cemetery
- The Melville Cemetery is located 2 miles [3.2 km]<3> to the north of Kelsey.More accurately, Melville Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km] to the south of Ohaton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Melville Cemetery
- Lk. Demay Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lk. Demay Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Lk. Demay Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Lk. Demay Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Ohaton.
- Lk. Demay Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lk. Demay Burial Grounds
- Lk. Demay Lutheran Free Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lk. Demay Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2367204<2>
- St. Stanislaus RC Cemetery
- Transfiguration of Our Lord Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- Hegre Norwegian Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Skudesness Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Skudesness Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Skudesness Lutheran Church Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Ohaton.
- Skudesness Lutheran Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Skudesness Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skudesness Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2417536<2>
- New Norway Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Ohaton. See our List of 1890's Communities around Ohaton.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Ohaton ...
While our initial data about Ohaton came from various goverment sources, we have found mention of Ohaton in old books and maps. When we do, we'll find a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Ohaton.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
SPV's Comprehensive Railroad Atlas of North America - Western Canada
(Available from Amazon.com)
Written by: Walker, Mike
Published by Steam Powered Video (SPV), 2006
Shell Oil Road Map for Southern Alberta (1951)
Published by Shell Oil Company
for Ohaton. See our Misc Page for Ohaton for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ohaton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ohaton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ohaton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OhatonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ohaton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9694, Longitude: -112.6592 |