Curious and Interesting Names Near Normandville ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the west of Normandville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guy
- Guy lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southeast of Normandville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Judah
- Judah lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the north of Normandville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Judah came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Judah
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kathleen
- Kathleen lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Normandville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kathleen
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Peace River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springburn
- Springburn lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the east of Normandville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springburn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springburn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tangent
- Tangent lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the west of Normandville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tangent
How Far From Normandville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Normandville to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Normandville and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 222 miles [357.3 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Normandville to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,926 miles [3,099.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 76 days and walking would take 110 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,165 miles [9,921.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,927 miles [11,147.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,069 miles [8,157.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Normandville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Normandville) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Normandville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.8667, Longitude: -117.3667 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Normandville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.97 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.482 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.384 degrees.||