Our Genealogy Helper for Nobleford ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Nobleford (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Nobleford. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Nobleford:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Nobleford ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Nobleford.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Nobleford covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Albion Ridge Cemetery
- The Albion Ridge Cemetery is located 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Picture Butte.Stated another way, Albion Ridge Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km] to the northeast of Nobleford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Orton Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Orton Cemetery
- Orton Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Nobleford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orton Cemetery
- Archmount Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Archmount Cemetery
- The Archmount Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Lethbridge.To be more precise, Archmount Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Nobleford.
- Archmount Cemetery has also been known as:
- Archmount Memorial Garden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Archmount Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2146605<2>
- Royal View Memorial Cemetery
- St. Patrick Cemetery
- Bowville Cemetery
- Huntsville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Huntsville Cemetery
- Huntsville Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the east of Nobleford.
- Huntsville Cemetery has also been known as:
- Iron Springs Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huntsville Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2424500<2>
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mountain View Cemetery
- The Mountain View Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located outside and to the southwest of Lethbridge.More accurately, Mountain View Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Nobleford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2146604<2>
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Union Cemetery
- The Union Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northeast of Fort MacLeod.Union Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southwest of Nobleford.
- Union Cemetery has also been known as:
- Ft. MacLeod
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Union Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1968318<2>
- Holy Cross Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Cross Cemetery
- Holy Cross Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southwest of Nobleford.
- Holy Cross Cemetery has also been known as:
- Ft. MacLeod Holy Cross Cemetery
- Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Cross Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2427812<2>
- Five Mile Peace Lutheran Cemetery
- Alston Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alston Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Alston Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Alston Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Nobleford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alston Cemetery
- Continue List (17 more) ...
- Granum Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Granum Cemetery
- The Granum Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northwest of Granum.To be precise, Granum Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the west of Nobleford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Granum Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2225492<2>
- Champion Cemetery
- Claresholm Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Nobleford. See our List of 1890's Communities around Nobleford.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Nobleford
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nobleford. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Nobleford) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nobleford. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NoblefordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nobleford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.8833, Longitude: -113.0500 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|