When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Newton.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Newton. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Newton.
Large Airports ...
- Edmonton Internationl Airport (YEG/CYEG)
- Calgary Intl. (YYC/CYYC)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Viking Airport (FAA ID: CEE8)
- Viking Airport lies 72 miles [115.9 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Newton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking Airport
- Red Deer Rgnl. (YQF/CYQF)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Edmonton City Centre Airport (YXD/CYXD)
- Cooking Lake Airport (FAA ID: CEZ3)
- Edmonton / Cooking Lake Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Newton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edmonton / Cooking Lake Airport
- Edmonton / Josephburg Airport (FAA ID: CFB6)
- Edmonton / Josephburg Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Newton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edmonton / Josephburg Airport
- Edmonton / Villeneuve Airport (ZVL/CZVL)
- Airport Identification Code:
- IATA: ZVL ICAO: CZVL
- Edmonton / Villeneuve Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Newton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edmonton / Villeneuve Airport
- Flight Tracking: [FlightAware]
- From SkyVector:
- [Chart] [Terminal Procedures]
- Tofield Airport (FAA ID: CEV7)
- Tofield Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Newton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tofield Airport
- Chipman Airport (FAA ID: CFU3)
- Chipman Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Newton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chipman Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Newton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Newton), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Newton) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Newton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Newton
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Newton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5759, Longitude: -113.4216