Our Genealogy Helper for New Sarepta ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about New Sarepta (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for New Sarepta. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to New Sarepta:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near New Sarepta ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of New Sarepta.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for New Sarepta covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- New Sarepta Moravian Cemetery
- Zion Evangelical Church Cemetery
- Our Savior Cemetery
- Swan Hills Cemetery
- Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Zion Lutheran Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southwest of New Sarepta.
- Zion Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Cloverlawn Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2584036<1>
- Exaltation Of The Holy Cross Ukrainian Catholic Church Cemetery
- Wilhelmina Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery
- St. Vital RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Vital RC Cemetery
- St. Vital RC Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northwest of New Sarepta.
- St. Vital RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Vital Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Vital RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2382395<1>
- Fredericksheim Baptist Cemetery
- Fridhem Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fridhem Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Fridhem Lutheran Church Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southeast of New Sarepta.
- Fridhem Lutheran Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fridhem Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fridhem Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2557087<1>
- Vang Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Vang Cemetery
- Vang Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the southwest of New Sarepta.
- Vang Cemetery has also been known as:
- Vang Lutheran Cemetery
- Vang Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vang Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2289560<1>
- Colchester Cemetery
- Continue List (87 more) ...
- Crooked Lake Community Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Crooked Lake Community Church Cemetery
- Crooked Lake Community Church Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the south of New Sarepta.
- Crooked Lake Community Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Crooked Lake Cemetery
- Crooked Lake Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crooked Lake Community Church Cemetery
- Bethlehem Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bethlehem Cemetery
- Bethlehem Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southeast of New Sarepta.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bethlehem Cemetery
- Our Lady of Peace Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around New Sarepta. See our List of 1890's Communities around New Sarepta.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for New Sarepta. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- New Sarepta) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for New Sarepta. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from New SareptaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in New Sarepta. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.2753, Longitude: -113.1475 |