Our Genealogy Helper for New Dayton ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about New Dayton (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for New Dayton. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to New Dayton:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near New Dayton ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of New Dayton.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for New Dayton covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- New Dayton Community Cemetery
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northwest of New Dayton.
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery has also been known as:
- Stirling Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Warner Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Warner Cemetery
- Warner Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of New Dayton.
- Warner Cemetery has also been known as:
- Foremost Cemetery
- Warner Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warner Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2339666<1>
- Wrentham Cemetery
- Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the east of New Dayton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2597601<1>
- Temple Hill Cemetery
- Magrath Cemetery
- Milk River Cemetery
- Barnwell Cemetery
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mountain View Cemetery
- The Mountain View Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located outside and to the southwest of Lethbridge.To be more accurate, Mountain View Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of New Dayton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2146604<1>
- Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- The Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the north of Taber.Stated another way, Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the north of New Dayton.
- Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery has also been known as:
- Taber Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2207513<1>
- St. Patrick Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around New Dayton. See our List of 1890's Communities around New Dayton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for New Dayton
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for New Dayton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- New Dayton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for New Dayton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from New DaytonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in New Dayton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4235, Longitude: -112.3799 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|