Our Genealogy Helper for Namao ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Namao (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Namao. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Namao:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Namao ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Namao.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Namao covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Christ Church Anglican Poplar Lake Cemetery
- St. Michael's Cemetery
- Little Mountain Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Little Mountain Cemetery
- Little Mountain Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Namao.
- Little Mountain Cemetery has also been known as:
- Little Mountain Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Mountain Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2327926<2>
- Evergreen Memorial Gardens
- St. Albert RC Cemetery
- Bon Accord Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Beechmount Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beechmount Cemetery
- Beechmount Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the south of Namao.
- Beechmount Cemetery has also been known as:
- Beechmont Cemetery
- Beechmount Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beechmount Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2205652<2>
- Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery
- Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery
- Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the east of Namao.
- Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery has also been known as:
- Ft. Saskatchewan Correctional Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ft. Saskatchewan Gaol Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2502353<2>
- Notre Dames De Lourdes Cemetery
- Emmanuel Anglican Church Cemetery
- St. Joachim Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Joachim Cemetery
- St. Joachim Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the south of Namao.
- St. Joachim Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Joachim Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Joachim Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2225480<2>
- Edmonton Municipal Cemetery
- Ft. Saskatchewan Cemetery
- Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- The Chevra Kadisha Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.Stated another way, Chevra Kadisha Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the south of Namao.
- Chevra Kadisha Cemetery has also been known as:
- Edmonton Jewish Cemetery
- Jewish Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2278096<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Namao. See our List of 1890's Communities around Namao.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Namao. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Namao) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Namao. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NamaoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Namao. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7167, Longitude: -113.4833 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|