List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Monarch (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Albion Ridge Cemetery
- The Albion Ridge Cemetery is located 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Picture Butte.
- Stated another way, Albion Ridge Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km] to the northeast of Monarch.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Alston Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Alston Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Alston Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the north of Monarch.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alston Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alston Cemetery
- Archmount Cemetery
- The Archmount Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Lethbridge.
- More accurately, Archmount Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Monarch.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Archmount Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Archmount Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2146605<3>
- Barnwell Cemetery
- Bowville Cemetery
- Brocket Colony Cemetery
- Champion Cemetery
- Claresholm Cemetery
- Enchant Cemetery
- Enchant Cemetery lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Monarch.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Enchant Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enchant Cemetery
- Fishburn Cemetery
- Fishburn Cemetery lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Monarch.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fishburn Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fishburn Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Five Mile Peace Lutheran Cemetery
- Glenwood Cemetery
- Granum Cemetery
- Hartley Cemetery
- Hartley Cemetery lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Monarch.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hartley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartley Cemetery
- Holy Cross Cemetery
- Huntsville Cemetery
- Magrath Cemetery
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Orton Cemetery
- Orton Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Monarch.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Orton Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orton Cemetery
- Royal View Memorial Cemetery
- St. Patrick Cemetery
- St. Vincent RC Cemetery
- Springridge Mennonite Cemetery
- Stavely Cemetery
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Temple Hill Cemetery
- Union Cemetery
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Monarch, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Monarch to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Monarch.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Monarch. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Looking for information about genealogy? We always start with these websites when searching in and around the area of Monarch:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Monarch.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Monarch) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Monarch. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Monarch
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Monarch. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.8000, Longitude: -113.1167
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|