Around Mildred Lake ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Fort McMurray. It is located about 21 miles [33 km] to the southeast of Mildred Lake.
The next largest community is Anzac.
It is located about 45 miles [ km] to the southeast of Mildred Lake
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Mildred Lake.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anzac
- Anzac lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Mildred Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anzac
- Fort MacKay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort MacKay
- Fort MacKay lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the north of Mildred Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort MacKay
- Fort McMurray
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort McMurray came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort McMurray
- Fort McMurray lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Mildred Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort McMurray
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fort McMurray<4>
- Gregoire Lake Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gregoire Lake Estates
- Gregoire Lake Estates lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> to the southeast of Mildred Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gregoire Lake Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Waterways
- Waterways lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Mildred Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waterways
Curious and Interesting Names Near Mildred Lake ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Mildred Lake.
Airports Near Mildred Lake ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Mildred Lake and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Mildred Lake.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Mildred Lake were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mildred Lake) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mildred Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 57.0211, Longitude: -111.6257
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mildred Lake), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|