Around Metis ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is High Level. It is located about 35 miles [56 km] to the north of Metis.
The next largest community is La Crete.
It is located about 40 miles [ km] to the east of Metis
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Metis.<2>
- Bushe River 207 (34 miles [54.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bushe River 207
- Bushe River 207 lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Metis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bushe River 207 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bushe River 207
- Carcajou (22 miles [35.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carcajou
- Carcajou lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Metis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carcajou came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carcajou
- High Level (35 miles [56.3 km] to the north)
- Keg River (21 miles [33.8 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keg River
- Keg River lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Metis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Keg River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keg River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Keg River<4>
- La Crete (40 miles [64.4 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Crete
- La Crete lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the east of Metis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for La Crete came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Crete
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for La Crete<4>
- Paddle Prairie (6 miles [9.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paddle Prairie
- Paddle Prairie lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Metis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paddle Prairie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paddle Prairie
Curious and Interesting Names Near Metis ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Metis.
Airports Near Metis ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Metis and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Metis.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Metis were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Metis) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Metis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.0376, Longitude: -117.4824 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Metis), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|