Communities Also Named Medicine Lodge ...
We have found one communities that share the name Medicine Lodge.
Within Alberta, the name Medicine Lodge is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Medicine Lodge in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Barber County
- This Medicine Lodge is located in Barber County and lies 1,425 miles [2,293.3 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Medicine Lodge
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Barber County community of Medicine Lodge.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Medicine Lodge ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bickerdike
- Bickerdike lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the east of Medicine Lodge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bickerdike came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bickerdike
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Entrance
- Entrance lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the west of Medicine Lodge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Entrance came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Entrance
How Far From Medicine Lodge to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Medicine Lodge to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Medicine Lodge and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 143 miles [230.1 km]<1> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Medicine Lodge to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,906 miles [3,067.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 75 days and walking would take 109 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,308 miles [10,151.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,071 miles [11,379.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,190 miles [8,352.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Medicine Lodge. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Medicine Lodge) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Medicine Lodge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5333, Longitude: -117.0167 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Medicine Lodge to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.678 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 337.985 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.534 degrees.||