List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Medicine Hat (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Alderson / Carlstadt Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alderson / Carlstadt Cemetery
- The Alderson / Carlstadt Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Alderson.Alderson / Carlstadt Cemetery lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Medicine Hat.
- Alderson / Carlstadt Cemetery has also been known as:
- Alderson Cemetery
- Carlstadt Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alderson / Carlstadt Cemetery
- Bow Island Cemetery
- Burdett Community Cemetery
- Congregational Church Cemetery
- Fertile Plains Cemetery
- Graburn United Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Graburn United Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Graburn United Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Graburn United Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Medicine Hat.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Graburn United Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2470961<2>
- Hillside Cemetery
- Kin Coulee Cemetery
- New Home Cemetery
- Redcliff Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Saamis Prairie View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Saamis Prairie View Cemetery
- Saamis Prairie View Cemetery has also been known as:
- Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens
- Prairie View Cemetery
- Saamis Prairie View / Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saamis Prairie View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2193982<2>
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Medicine Hat.
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- St. Anthony's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2548158<2>
- Seven Persons Cemetery
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Medicine Hat, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Medicine Hat to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Medicine Hat.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Medicine Hat: www.medicinehat.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Need help with your genealogy? These are excellent websites to start with when searching in and around the area of Medicine Hat:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Medicine Hat.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Medicine Hat) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Medicine Hat. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Medicine HatOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Medicine Hat. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.0324, Longitude: -110.6871 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|