Our Genealogy Helper for Meadowlands ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Meadowlands (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Meadowlands. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Meadowlands:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Meadowlands ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Meadowlands.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Meadowlands covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Kin Coulee Cemetery
- Hillside Cemetery
- Saamis Prairie View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Saamis Prairie View Cemetery
- Saamis Prairie View Cemetery has also been known as:
- Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens
- Prairie View Cemetery
- Saamis Prairie View / Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saamis Prairie View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2193982<1>
- Redcliff Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Redcliff Cemetery
- Redcliff Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Meadowlands.
- Redcliff Cemetery has also been known as:
- Redcliff Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Redcliff Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2309461<1>
- Seven Persons Cemetery
- Whitla Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Graburn United Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Graburn United Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Graburn United Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Graburn United Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Meadowlands.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Graburn United Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2470961<1>
- Congregational Church Cemetery
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- The St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery is located 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the south of Etzikom.St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km] to the southwest of Meadowlands.
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- St. Anthony's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2548158<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Meadowlands. See our List of 1890's Communities around Meadowlands.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Meadowlands. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Meadowlands) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Meadowlands. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MeadowlandsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Meadowlands. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.0075, Longitude: -110.6525 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|