Communities Also Named McLennan ...
We have found two communities that share the name McLennan.
Within Alberta, the name McLennan is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in Canada and the United States. Of these two communities, one is located in Canada and the other in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Yavapai County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Arizona community of McLennan [Yavapai County].
- We haven't found the location of this community yet.
Curious and Interesting Names Near McLennan ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Guy (13 miles [20.9 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guy
- Guy lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southwest of McLennan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guy
- Heart River (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heart River
- Heart River lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southeast of McLennan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Heart River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heart River
- Kathleen (5 miles [8 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kathleen
- Kathleen lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of McLennan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kathleen
- New Fish Creek (30 miles [48.3 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Fish Creek
- New Fish Creek lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the southwest of McLennan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Fish Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Fish Creek
- Peace River (40 miles [64.4 km] to the north)
- Springburn (16 miles [25.7 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springburn
- Springburn lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the north of McLennan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springburn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springburn
- Tangent (30 miles [48.3 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tangent
- Tangent lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the west of McLennan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tangent
- Triangle (19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Triangle
- Triangle lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the south of McLennan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Triangle
How Far From McLennan to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as McLennan to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in McLennan and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 201 miles [323.5 km]<2> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from McLennan to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 12 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,907 miles [3,069 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 75 days and walking would take 109 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,168 miles [9,926.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,931 miles [11,154.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,067 miles [8,154.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for McLennan
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for McLennan: www.townofmclennan.com/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that McLennan could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- McLennan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for McLennan. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from McLennanOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in McLennan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.7000, Longitude: -116.9000 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from McLennan to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.588 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.041 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.09 degrees.||