Our Genealogy Helper for Maybutt ...
So far, we have found very little information about Maybutt. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Maybutt to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Maybutt, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Maybutt (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Maybutt. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Maybutt:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Maybutt ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Maybutt.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Maybutt covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Temple Hill Cemetery
- New Dayton Community Cemetery
- Wrentham Cemetery
- Magrath Cemetery
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mountain View Cemetery
- The Mountain View Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located outside and to the southwest of Lethbridge.To be precise, Mountain View Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Maybutt.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2146604<3>
- St. Patrick Cemetery
- Warner Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Warner Cemetery
- Warner Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Maybutt.
- Warner Cemetery has also been known as:
- Foremost Cemetery
- Warner Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warner Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2339666<3>
- Barnwell Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Barnwell Cemetery
- Barnwell Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Maybutt.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barnwell Cemetery
- Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the east of Maybutt.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2597601<3>
- Royal View Memorial Cemetery
- Archmount Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Archmount Cemetery
- The Archmount Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Lethbridge.More precisely, Archmount Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Maybutt.
- Archmount Cemetery has also been known as:
- Archmount Memorial Garden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Archmount Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2146605<3>
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- The Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the north of Taber.More accurately, Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Maybutt.
- Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery has also been known as:
- Taber Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2207513<3>
- Huntsville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Huntsville Cemetery
- Huntsville Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the north of Maybutt.
- Huntsville Cemetery has also been known as:
- Iron Springs Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huntsville Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2424500<3>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Maybutt. See our List of 1890's Communities around Maybutt.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Maybutt, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Maybutt) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Maybutt. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MaybuttOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Maybutt. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5191, Longitude: -112.5264 |
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|