Communities Also Named Majorville ...
We have found two communities that share the name Majorville.
Within Alberta, the name Majorville is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in Canada and the United States. Of these two communities, one is located in Canada and the other in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Benton County
- This Majorville is located in Benton County and lies 1,280 miles [2,060 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Majorville
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Benton County community of Majorville.
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Ontario community of Majorville.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Majorville ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bow City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bow City
- Bow City lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the southeast of Majorville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bow City
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chancellor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chancellor
- Chancellor lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the north of Majorville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chancellor
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cluny came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cluny
- Cluny lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the north of Majorville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cluny
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cluny<4>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crowfoot came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowfoot
- Crowfoot lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the north of Majorville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowfoot
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gem came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gem
- Gem lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Majorville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gem
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Queenstown came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Queenstown
- Queenstown lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the west of Majorville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Queenstown
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosemary
- Rosemary lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Majorville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosemary
How Far From Majorville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Majorville to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Majorville and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 204 miles [328.3 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Majorville to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 12 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,727 miles [2,779.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,411 miles [10,317.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,179 miles [11,553.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,237 miles [8,428.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Majorville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Majorville) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Majorville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.6333, Longitude: -112.7000
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Majorville could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Majorville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.137 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.732 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.128 degrees.||