Curious and Interesting Names Near Lutose ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Lutose, Indian Cabins is located 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the North
How Far From Lutose to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Lutose to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lutose and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 429 miles [690.4 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Lutose to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 25 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 17 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,954 miles [3,144.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 77 days and walking would take 111 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,938 miles [9,556.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,697 miles [10,777.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,871 miles [7,839.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lutose) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lutose. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.4172, Longitude: -117.2688
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lutose to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.832 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.59 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.619 degrees.||