Communities Also Named Lomond ...
We have found one communities that share the name Lomond.
Within Alberta, the name Lomond is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Lomond in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- This Lomond lies 2,384 miles [3,836.7 km]<1> to the east northeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lomond
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lomond ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bow City (18 miles [29 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bow City
- Bow City lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the east of Lomond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bow City
- Champion (24 miles [38.6 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Champion
- Champion lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the west of Lomond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Champion came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Champion
- Enchant (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Enchant
- Enchant lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Lomond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Enchant came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enchant
- Iron Springs (29 miles [46.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Iron Springs
- Iron Springs lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the south of Lomond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Iron Springs came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Iron Springs
- Majorville (19 miles [30.6 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Majorville
- Majorville lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Lomond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Majorville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Majorville
- Picture Butte (33 miles [53.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Picture Butte
- Picture Butte lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the south of Lomond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Picture Butte
- Queenstown (23 miles [37 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Queenstown
- Queenstown lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northwest of Lomond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Queenstown came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Queenstown
- Vulcan (28 miles [45.1 km] to the west)
How Far From Lomond to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Lomond to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lomond and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 223 miles [358.9 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Lomond to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,725 miles [2,776.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 98 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,427 miles [10,343.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,195 miles [11,579.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,250 miles [8,449.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Lomond
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lomond. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lomond) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lomond. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LomondOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lomond. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.3500, Longitude: -112.6333 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lomond to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.077 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.64 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.129 degrees.|