List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Lomond (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Albion Ridge Cemetery
- The Albion Ridge Cemetery is located 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Picture Butte.More accurately, Albion Ridge Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km] to the southwest of Lomond.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albion Ridge Cemetery
- Alston Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alston Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Alston Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Alston Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Lomond.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alston Cemetery
- Bassano Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bassano Cemetery
- Bassano Cemetery lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the north of Lomond.
- Bassano Cemetery has also been known as:
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bassano Cemetery
- Bow City Cemetery
- Bowville Cemetery
- Brooks Cemetery
- Champion Cemetery
- Enchant Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Enchant Cemetery
- Enchant Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Lomond.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enchant Cemetery
- Huntsville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Huntsville Cemetery
- Huntsville Cemetery lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the south of Lomond.
- Huntsville Cemetery has also been known as:
- Iron Springs Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huntsville Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2424500<3>
- Lomond Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Reid Hill Cemetery
- Retlaw Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Retlaw Cemetery
- Retlaw Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Lomond.
- Retlaw Cemetery has also been known as:
- Retlaw Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Retlaw Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2447796<3>
- Rolling Hills Cemetery
- Rosemary Cemetery
- Scandia Cemetery
- Taylor Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Taylor Cemetery
- Taylor Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Lomond.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taylor Cemetery
- Vulcan Cemetery
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Lomond, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Lomond to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Lomond.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Lomond. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Working on your genealogy? We recommend a visit to these websites when searching in and around the area of Lomond:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Lomond.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lomond) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lomond. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LomondOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lomond. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.3500, Longitude: -112.6333 |
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|