Communities Also Named Lodgepole ...
We have found four communities that share the name Lodgepole.
Within Alberta, the name Lodgepole is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another four communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Lassen County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the California community of Lodgepole [Lassen County].
- Blaine County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Montana community of Lodgepole [Blaine County].
- Cheyenne County
- This Lodgepole is located in Cheyenne County and lies 1,014 miles [1,631.9 km]<2> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodgepole
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Cheyenne County community of Lodgepole.
- South Dakota
- Perkins County
- This Lodgepole is located in Perkins County and lies 756 miles [1,216.7 km]<2> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodgepole
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Perkins County community of Lodgepole.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lodgepole ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cynthia
- Cynthia lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the north of Lodgepole
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cynthia came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cynthia
- Rocky Rapids
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Rapids
- Rocky Rapids lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the northeast of Lodgepole
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Rapids
- Round Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Valley
- Round Valley lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Lodgepole
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tomahawk
- Tomahawk lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Lodgepole
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tomahawk
- Violet Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Violet Grove
- Violet Grove lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Lodgepole
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Violet Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wildwood
- Wildwood lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the north of Lodgepole
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wildwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wildwood
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wildwood<4>
How Far From Lodgepole to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Lodgepole to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lodgepole and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 79 miles [127.1 km]<2> to the east northeast (ENE). If you could drive a straight line from Lodgepole to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,835 miles [2,953.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 72 days and walking would take 105 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,306 miles [10,148.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,071 miles [11,379.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,171 miles [8,321.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lodgepole. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lodgepole could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lodgepole) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lodgepole. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lodgepole
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lodgepole. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.1030, Longitude: -115.2979
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lodgepole to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.273 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 336.361 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.444 degrees.||