Communities Also Named Lloydminster ...
We have found one communities that share the name Lloydminster.
Within Alberta, the name Lloydminster is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Lloydminster in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lloydminster ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfoot
- Blackfoot lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the west of Lloydminster
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfoot
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenstreet
- Greenstreet lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Lloydminster
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenstreet
- Lone Rock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lone Rock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lone Rock
- Lone Rock lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the south of Lloydminster
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lone Rock
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Onion Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Onion Lake
- Onion Lake lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the north of Lloydminster
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onion Lake
- Paradise Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Hill
- Paradise Hill lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Lloydminster
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Hill
- Paradise Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Lloydminster
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Valley
How Far From Lloydminster to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a city such as Lloydminster to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lloydminster and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 144 miles [231.7 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Lloydminster to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,617 miles [2,602.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 92 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,197 miles [9,973.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,965 miles [11,209.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,024 miles [8,085.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Lloydminster: www.city.lloydminster.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lloydminster) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lloydminster. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lloydminster
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lloydminster. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.2716, Longitude: -110.0237
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lloydminster to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.024 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.568 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.898 degrees.||