Around Little Buffalo ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Peace River. It is located about 28 miles [45 km] to the southwest of Little Buffalo.
The next largest community is Nampa.
It is located about 32 miles [ km] to the southwest of Little Buffalo
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Cadotte Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadotte Lake
- Cadotte Lake lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the east of Little Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadotte Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dixonville
- Dixonville lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the west of Little Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixonville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nampa
- Nampa lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Little Buffalo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nampa came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nampa
- Peace River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reno
- Reno lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Little Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reno
- Saint Isidore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Isidore
- Saint Isidore lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southwest of Little Buffalo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Isidore came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Isidore
- Shaftesbury Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shaftesbury Settlement
- Shaftesbury Settlement lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Little Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shaftesbury Settlement
Curious and Interesting Names Near Little Buffalo ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Little Buffalo.
Airports Near Little Buffalo ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Little Buffalo and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Little Buffalo.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Little Buffalo. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Little Buffalo were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Little Buffalo) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Little Buffalo. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Little BuffaloOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Little Buffalo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.4220, Longitude: -116.6238 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Little Buffalo), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|