Communities Also Named Lethbridge ...
We have found one communities that share the name Lethbridge.
Within Alberta, the name Lethbridge is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Lethbridge in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- This Lethbridge lies 2,601 miles [4,185.9 km]<1> to the east northeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lethbridge
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lethbridge ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chin
- Chin lies 17 miles [27.4 km] to the east of Lethbridge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chin
- Diamond City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Diamond City
- Diamond City lies 8 miles [12.9 km] to the north of Lethbridge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Diamond City
- Iron Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Iron Springs
- Iron Springs lies 17 miles [27.4 km] to the north of Lethbridge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Iron Springs
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Maybutt (Historic)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maybutt
- Maybutt was located 18 miles [29 km] to the southeast of Lethbridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monarch
- Monarch lies 14 miles [22.5 km] to the northwest of Lethbridge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monarch
- Picture Butte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Picture Butte
- Picture Butte lies 12 miles [19.3 km] to the north of Lethbridge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Picture Butte
How Far From Lethbridge to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a city such as Lethbridge to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lethbridge and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 267 miles [429.7 km] to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Lethbridge to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 16 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,736 miles [2,793.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,471 miles [10,414.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,239 miles [11,650 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,291 miles [8,515 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Lethbridge: www.lethbridge.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lethbridge) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lethbridge. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lethbridge
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lethbridge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.7000, Longitude: -112.8333
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lethbridge to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.22 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.748 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.357 degrees.||