Curious and Interesting Names Near Lakedell ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Crystal Springs
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crystal Springs came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crystal Springs
- Crystal Springs lies less than 2 miles<2> to the southeast of Lakedell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crystal Springs
- Fisher Home
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fisher Home came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fisher Home
- Fisher Home lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Lakedell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fisher Home
- Golden Days
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Golden Days came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Golden Days
- Golden Days lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Lakedell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Golden Days
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grandview
- Grandview lies less than 2 miles<2> to the northwest of Lakedell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grandview
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Mission Beach
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mission Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mission Beach
- Mission Beach lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the north of Lakedell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mission Beach
- Poplar Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar Bay
- Poplar Bay lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Lakedell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar Bay
- Silver Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Beach
- Silver Beach lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Lakedell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silver Beach
- Sundance Beach
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sundance Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sundance Beach
- Sundance Beach lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the north of Lakedell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sundance Beach
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Lakedell. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- August Solberg 'Gus' Marker (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Wetaskiwin (Alberta) on Tueday August 1, 1905 and died in Kingston (Ontario) on Tueday October 7, 1997 at the age of 92. He is buried at Cataraqui Cemetery (Frontenac County, Ontario).
- Wetaskiwin is located 28 miles [45.1 km] to the east of Lakedell.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: August Solberg 'Gus' Marker<3>
How Far From Lakedell to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Lakedell to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lakedell and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> to the north northeast (NNE). If you could walk a straight line from Lakedell to Edmonton, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take about three full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of two days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,783 miles [2,869.5 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 102 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,291 miles [10,124.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,057 miles [11,357.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,146 miles [8,281.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lakedell. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lakedell) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lakedell. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lakedell
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lakedell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9843, Longitude: -114.0501
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lakedell to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.261 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.204 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.629 degrees.||