Our Genealogy Helper for Kirriemuir ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Kirriemuir (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Kirriemuir. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Kirriemuir:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Kirriemuir ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Kirriemuir.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Kirriemuir covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Altario Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Altario Cemetery
- Altario Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the east of Kirriemuir.
- Altario Cemetery has also been known as:
- Altario Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Altario Cemetery
- Mt. Carmel Cemetery
- St. Donatus South Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Donatus South Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Donatus South Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- St. Donatus South Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the east of Kirriemuir.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Donatus South Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2593406<2>
- Lakeroad Cemetery
- St. Andrew RC Cemetery
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- The Mt. Pleasant Cemetery is located outside and to the southeast of Loverna (SK).To be precise, Mt. Pleasant Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Kirriemuir.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Fusilier Cemetery
- Provost Mennonite Cemetery
- St. Peter's RC Cemetery
- Rosenheim Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosenheim Cemetery
- Rosenheim Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the north of Kirriemuir.
- Rosenheim Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Norbert Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosenheim Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2461258<2>
- Skyline Lutheran Cemetery
- Cadogan West Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cadogan West Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Cadogan West Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Cadogan West Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the north of Kirriemuir.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan West Cemetery
- Continue List (15 more) ...
- Cadogan Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cadogan Cemetery
- Cadogan Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the north of Kirriemuir.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan Cemetery
- Cadogan Lutheran Cemetery
- Home Valley Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Kirriemuir. See our List of 1890's Communities around Kirriemuir.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Kirriemuir
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kirriemuir. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kirriemuir) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kirriemuir. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KirriemuirOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kirriemuir. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.9230, Longitude: -110.3120 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|