Welcome to Keoma ...
Keoma is 3,130 feet [954 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Keoma is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Keoma lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Keoma: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Keoma: T0M<3>
Adding Keoma to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Keoma was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Keoma on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Keoma ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Keoma.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chestermere
- Chestermere lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Keoma
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chestermere came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chestermere
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chestermere<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Langdon
- Langdon lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Keoma
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Langdon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Langdon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Langdon<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Irricana
- Irricana lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the north of Keoma
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Irricana came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Irricana
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Irricana<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beiseker
- Beiseker lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Keoma
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beiseker came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beiseker
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beiseker<5>
- High Point Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for High Point Estates
- High Point Estates lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Keoma
- Jump to Google Maps centered on High Point Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cheadle
- Cheadle lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Keoma
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cheadle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nightingale
- Nightingale lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the east of Keoma
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nightingale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nightingale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Keoma ...
Looking for more information about Keoma? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Keoma, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Keoma.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Keoma. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Keoma - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Keoma, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Keoma). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Keoma or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Keoma) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Keoma. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KeomaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Keoma. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.2152, Longitude: -113.6500 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|