Our Genealogy Helper for Kelsey ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Kelsey (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Kelsey. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Kelsey:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Kelsey ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Kelsey.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Kelsey covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Melville Cemetery
- Rosalind Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosalind Cemetery
- Rosalind Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Elizabeth of Prague Catholic Cemetery
- St. Elizabeth of Prague Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosalind Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2435765<2>
- Bawlf Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bawlf Cemetery
- Bawlf Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Kelsey.
- Bawlf Cemetery has also been known as:
- Bawlf / Park Cemetery
- Park Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bawlf Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2509712<2>
- Green View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Green View Cemetery
- Green View Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Kelsey.
- Green View Cemetery has also been known as:
- Green View / Rosalind United Church Cemetery
- Greenview Cemetery
- Rosalind United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Green View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2402527<2>
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Ferry Point Church Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Parkland Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Bawlf Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Larson Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Larson Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Larson Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Larson Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the north of Kelsey.
- Larson Cemetery has also been known as:
- Larson Private Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Larson Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2464331<2>
- Bethany Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bethany Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Bethany Lutheran Church Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the south of Kelsey.
- Bethany Lutheran Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Bethany Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bethany Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2410015<2>
- Daysland Cemetery
- Dried Meat Lake Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dried Meat Lake Cemetery
- Dried Meat Lake Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the west of Kelsey.
- Dried Meat Lake Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dried Meat Lake United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dried Meat Lake Cemetery
- Hegre Norwegian Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Skafse Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Skafse Cemetery
- Skafse Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Kelsey.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skafse Cemetery
- Fridhem Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fridhem Cemetery
- The Fridhem Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the west of Ferintosh.Fridhem Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km] to the southwest of Kelsey.
- Fridhem Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fridhem Baptist Cemetery
- Fridhem Baptist Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fridhem Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2145013<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Kelsey. See our List of 1890's Communities around Kelsey.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kelsey. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kelsey) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kelsey. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KelseyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kelsey. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8460, Longitude: -112.5475 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|