Welcome to Keephills ...
Although we found mention of Keephills during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Keephills was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Keephills to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Keephills, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Keephills might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Keephills would be found within the (780) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities near Keephills ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Keephills.
- Spruce Grove (18 miles [29 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spruce Grove
- Spruce Grove lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the east of Keephills
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spruce Grove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spruce Grove
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Spruce Grove<5>
- Stony Plain (15 miles [24.1 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stony Plain
- Stony Plain lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Keephills
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stony Plain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stony Plain
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Stony Plain<5>
- Thorsby (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thorsby
- Thorsby lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the southeast of Keephills
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Thorsby came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thorsby
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Thorsby<5>
- Alberta Beach (16 miles [25.7 km] to the north)
- Onoway (19 miles [30.6 km] to the north)
- Warburg (18 miles [29 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Warburg
- Warburg lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the south of Keephills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warburg
- Wabamun (9 miles [14.5 km] to the northwest)
- Spring Lake (10 miles [16.1 km] to the northeast)
- Meso West (10 miles [16.1 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meso West
- Meso West lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the north of Keephills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meso West
- Garden Grove Estates (16 miles [25.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garden Grove Estates
- Garden Grove Estates lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the east of Keephills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garden Grove Estates
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Keephills ...
Looking for more information about Keephills? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Keephills, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Keephills.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Keephills and then turned east". While Keephills could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Keephills as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Keephills could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Keephills) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Keephills. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KeephillsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Keephills. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.4417, Longitude: -114.3500 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|