Communities Also Named Kathleen ...
We have found three communities that share the name Kathleen.
Within Alberta, the name Kathleen is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Polk County
- This Kathleen is located in Polk County and lies 2,559 miles [4,118.3 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kathleen
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Polk County community of Kathleen.
- Houston County
- This Kathleen is located in Houston County and lies 2,256 miles [3,630.7 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kathleen
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Houston County community of Kathleen.
- Sevier County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Tennessee community of Kathleen [Sevier County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Kathleen ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guy
- Guy lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Kathleen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guy
- Heart River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Heart River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heart River
- Heart River lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the east of Kathleen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heart River
- New Fish Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Fish Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Fish Creek
- New Fish Creek lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Kathleen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Fish Creek
- Salt Prairie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Salt Prairie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salt Prairie
- Salt Prairie lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the east of Kathleen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salt Prairie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springburn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springburn
- Springburn lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the north of Kathleen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springburn
- Sunset House
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunset House came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunset House
- Sunset House lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the south of Kathleen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunset House
How Far From Kathleen to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Kathleen to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Kathleen and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 195 miles [313.8 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Kathleen to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,904 miles [3,064.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 75 days and walking would take 109 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,172 miles [9,932.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,935 miles [11,160.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,070 miles [8,159.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kathleen. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kathleen) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kathleen. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Kathleen
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kathleen. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.6214, Longitude: -116.8369
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Kathleen could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Kathleen to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.536 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 337.977 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.06 degrees.||