List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Kananaskis (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Canmore Cemetery
- Eden Brook Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Eden Brook Memorial Gardens
- Eden Brook Memorial Gardens lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the east of Kananaskis.
- Eden Brook Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Holy Family Catholic Cemetery
- Holy Family Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eden Brook Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1035052<2>
- Mitford Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mitford Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Mitford Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Mitford Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Kananaskis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mitford Cemetery
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Old Banff Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Old Banff Cemetery
- Old Banff Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Kananaskis.
- Old Banff Cemetery has also been known as:
- Banff Cemetery
- Banff Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Old Banff Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #639345<2>
- St. Andrew's Cemetery
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- The St. Mary's RC Cemetery is located in Cochrane.To be more precise, St. Mary's RC Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the east of Kananaskis.
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1980174<2>
- Springbank United Church Cemetery
- Wesley Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wesley Cemetery
- Wesley Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Kananaskis.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wesley Cemetery
- West Brook Cemetery
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Kananaskis, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Kananaskis to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Kananaskis.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Kananaskis. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Looking for information about genealogy? These are excellent websites to start with when searching in and around the area of Kananaskis:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Kananaskis.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kananaskis) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kananaskis. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KananaskisOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kananaskis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.0520, Longitude: -115.1054 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|