Curious and Interesting Names Near Jean Cote ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bluesky (34 miles [54.7 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the west of Jean Cote
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
- Guy (26 miles [41.8 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guy
- Guy lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Jean Cote
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guy
- Judah (16 miles [25.7 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Judah
- Judah lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the north of Jean Cote
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Judah came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Judah
- Kathleen (29 miles [46.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kathleen
- Kathleen lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Jean Cote
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kathleen
- Peace River (24 miles [38.6 km] to the north)
- Springburn (19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springburn
- Springburn lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the east of Jean Cote
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springburn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springburn
- Tangent (12 miles [19.3 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tangent
- Tangent lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Jean Cote
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tangent
How Far From Jean Cote to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Jean Cote to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Jean Cote and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 224 miles [360.5 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Jean Cote to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,927 miles [3,101.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 76 days and walking would take 110 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,164 miles [9,920 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,925 miles [11,144.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,068 miles [8,156.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Jean Cote. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Jean Cote) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Jean Cote. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Jean CoteOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Jean Cote. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.8978, Longitude: -117.4072 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Jean Cote to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 337.003 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.522 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.406 degrees.||