Curious and Interesting Names Near Indian Cabins ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Indian Cabins, Grumbler (NT) is located 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the Northeast
How Far From Indian Cabins to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Indian Cabins to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Indian Cabins and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 456 miles [733.9 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Indian Cabins to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 26 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 18 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,953 miles [3,143 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 77 days and walking would take 111 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,906 miles [9,504.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,665 miles [10,726.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,842 miles [7,792.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Indian Cabins. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Indian Cabins) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Indian Cabins. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Indian CabinsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Indian Cabins. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.8676, Longitude: -117.0391 |
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Indian Cabins to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.628 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.399 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.356 degrees.||