Our Genealogy Helper for Horseshoe Bay ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Horseshoe Bay (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Horseshoe Bay. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Horseshoe Bay:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Horseshoe Bay ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Horseshoe Bay.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Horseshoe Bay covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Willow Grove Cemetery
- Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the south of Horseshoe Bay.
- Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery has also been known as:
- Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2506733<1>
- St. Paul RC Cemetery
- Sideview Cemetery
- Rife Anglican Cemetery
- Fork Lake Cemetery
- St. Mary's Ukrainian Orthodox Church Cemetery
- St. Michael Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Michael Cemetery
- The St. Michael Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the south of Myrnam.To be more precise, St. Michael Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km] to the south of Horseshoe Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Michael Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2531916<1>
- St. Michael Cemetery
- Elk Point West Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the west of Horseshoe Bay.
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery has also been known as:
- Paraskevia Cemetery
- St. Paraskovia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- St. Paroskovia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- St. Paroskovia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- St. Laurent RC Cemetery
- Continue List (15 more) ...
- Holy Family Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Family Cemetery
- Holy Family Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Horseshoe Bay.
- Holy Family Cemetery has also been known as:
- Catholic Cemetery
- Holy Family Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Family Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2417442<1>
- St. John United Church Cemetery
- St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery
- The St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the south of Myrnam.To be more precise, St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km] to the south of Horseshoe Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Horseshoe Bay. See our List of 1890's Communities around Horseshoe Bay.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Horseshoe Bay. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Horseshoe Bay) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Horseshoe Bay. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Horseshoe BayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Horseshoe Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.1167, Longitude: -111.3667 |