Curious and Interesting Names Near Horburg ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferrier
- Ferrier lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the east of Horburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ferrier came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ferrier
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leslieville
- Leslieville lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Horburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leslieville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lodge
- Lodge lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the east of Horburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lodge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodge
- Rocky Mountain House
How Far From Horburg to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Horburg to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Horburg and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 107 miles [172.2 km]<1> to the northeast (NE). If you could drive a straight line from Horburg to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,834 miles [2,951.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 72 days and walking would take 105 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,349 miles [10,217.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,114 miles [11,448.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,209 miles [8,383.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Horburg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Horburg) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Horburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4167, Longitude: -115.2833
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Horburg to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.253 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 336.286 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.545 degrees.||