Communities Also Named High Level ...
We found one communities that share the name High Level.
Within Alberta, the name High Level is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named High Level in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Walker County
- This High Level is located in Walker County and lies 2,199 miles [3,538.9 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on High Level
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Walker County community of High Level.
How Far From High Level to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as High Level to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in High Level and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 370 miles [595.5 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from High Level to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take 6 hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 21 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 15 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,939 miles [3,120.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 76 days and walking would take 111 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,993 miles [9,644.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,754 miles [10,869.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,918 miles [7,914.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for High Level: www.highlevel.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- High Level) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for High Level. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from High LevelOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in High Level. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.5152, Longitude: -117.1404 |
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from High Level to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.748 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.429 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.717 degrees.||