Communities Also Named Hazelmere ...
We have found two communities that share the name Hazelmere.
Within Alberta, the name Hazelmere is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in Canada and the United States. Of these two communities, one is located in Canada and the other in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- British Columbia
- This Hazelmere lies 433 miles [696.8 km]<1> to the south southwest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazelmere
- Ferry County
- This community is historic<2> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Washington community of Hazelmere [Ferry County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Hazelmere ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaverlodge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaverlodge
- Beaverlodge lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Hazelmere
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaverlodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaverlodge<4>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Goodfare came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goodfare
- Goodfare lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Hazelmere
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodfare
- Kelly Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kelly Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kelly Lake
- Kelly Lake lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the west of Hazelmere
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kelly Lake
How Far From Hazelmere to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Hazelmere to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Hazelmere and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 270 miles [434.5 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Hazelmere to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 16 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,016 miles [3,244.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 4 days, a buggy would take 79 days and walking would take 115 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,253 miles [10,063.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,013 miles [11,286.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,170 miles [8,320.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hazelmere. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hazelmere) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hazelmere. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hazelmere
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hazelmere. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.0390, Longitude: -119.7293
|<2>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Hazelmere, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Hazelmere to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 338.915 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 340.615 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 325.158 degrees.||